Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Levels of Self Injury Through Photos

Just a quick glimpse at the different levels of severity. It is after we see the pictures that we can start asking questions such as:
If someone has minimal scarring/wounds are they more prone to hiding it or being more open with it?
Compared to..
If someone has severe scarring/wounds are they more prone to hiding it or being open with it?
Also...
Do women feel the same about this as men do?

Through this blog I hope to answer these questions through more observation of the page.

The following images are of types of self injury and the severity of people's cases. Some images are graphic so just be aware of that ahead of time.


Cutting/Scratching

less severe, heals quickly, easier to cover up

Moderately severe, not as easy to hide, they draw more attention especially on the arms

Severe, often requires stitches, difficult to cover
(very graphic but this is where those scars start)


                                               

Burning
Just an example of the scar differences

Self Embedding
One of the easiest forms of SI to hide because objects are literally inserted under the skin
(X-Ray of an arm)


 Both women and men struggle with this...


 These are just images to give you an idea of what my blog is about. Even though scarring is a very basic term, a lot can stem from it and I want to say now that these images were not found on the facebook page I'm observing. These are examples I found on google to let everyone see there's more to it than cutting or a few scars. And the last bit, men do self injure even though it's not talked about as much, just a little bit of information.

12 comments:

  1. those are horrible... the one with severe wound will need somebody to stitch it and it will reveal all what they did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually i have done cuts that bad and they did not need stitches

      Delete
    2. Whoever bonez16 is, you are an ignorrant bitch who obviously doesnt understand the different stages of having a mental breakdown. When i would self harm i would actually feel in control of part of my life that had crumbled in front of my eyes. Thats coming from someone who was raped as a child spanning multiple years. i had to deal with people like you when i needed help including my father who said my self harm was pathetic. Calling someones cuts or burns horrible breaks them even worse and causes them to advance into a further stage of self destructive behavior or even to the point of suicide.

      Delete
  2. How do u know all this? I'm doing a speech on it. It would good if you gave me some useful information.
    Thanks,
    Person doing a speech!
    P.S. Just post the info on you blog and address it to person doing a speech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I researched and I talked to individuals and I myself struggle with it so I guess a lot of it comes from that. What info do you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I'm not really updating this blog anymore but if I get a few minutes I'll try to write up something for you.

      Delete
  4. The picture with the big open cut with fat tissue is an old one of mine. Of course, I have no way to prove it because things go around very randomly in the internet... But I just thought I'd tell I've recovered. That particular cut is nothing but a white, faded scar now.
    I want you all to know that there is hope. As the sun sets every night, it also rises every morning. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, not sure if you will ever see this. But i have a cut like this too and its been a month, all of other cuts has healed (red scars) except for this one. Did you go for stitching? How do you make it recover? Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  5. Nasty scars, I got a very deep cut on my right leg, the doctor who stitched it said I did a good job, it went down to the muscle, I'm now trying my absolute best not to self harm, so far its been 8 months, don't even feel triggered by these pictures, I'm hoping all of you take care of yourselves, peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eu teno cortes moderadamente grave e alguns graves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is serious than i thought it was. (i cut myself).
    I am 14. I cut deep. I do not like talking about it very much though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive cut deep and i see tissue i think. It's yellow and bubbly. It 's weird but i like it a little.

    ReplyDelete